Kadayawan 2012 kicks off today with the opening ceremonies and Indigenous People’s Panagtagbo this afternoon at 4:30PM. Feel the vibe and enjoy the Kadayawan 2012 festivities in Davao City’s 10 Tribe One Vibe.
Have a safe and fun visit in Davao, I encourage tourists to book their Hotels ahead!
- Hudyakaan sa Kadayawan: August 1-20, 5PM-2AM, Rizal Park
- Agri-Trade Fair: August 1-27, 8AM- 8PM, SM City Parking Area
- August 3: Panagtagbo Opening Ceremonies, 4:30 PM, People’s Park; and Hulagway sa Kadayawan Photo Contest (until September 7), Museo Dabawenyo;
- Kadayawan Youth Festival: August 6-8, 10AM- 8PM, Abreeza Mall
- Lumadnong Gama & Dayaw Market: August 6-21, 1- 11 PM, People’s Park;
- Kadayawan Fiesta at the Apo View: August 6-19;
- Encantada: August 8-10, 7 PM, RSM Events Center- PWC Davao;
- 2012 Kadayawan Hot August Races: The Mayor Inday Sara Duterte Drag Racing Championships: August 11-12, Speed City, Riverfront Drive;
- Kadayawan Phoenix Run, August 12, 5 AM, Parking C, SM City Davao
- Davao City Trivia Exhibit: “Know Your Culture” – August 13-19, NCCC Mall of Davao/ August 14-20, SM City Davao/ August 15-21, Abreeza Mall/ August 16-22, People’s Park;
- Tunog Mindanaw: August 10: (Prelims) 4PM, NCCC Mall; August 11: (Finals) 5PM, NCCC Mall
- Lumadnong Bantawan (3-6 PM): August 11, People’s Park; August 12, Rizal Park; August 13, SM City Davao; August 14, NCCC Mall; August 15, Abreeza Mall; August 16, Gaisano Mall
- Sayaw Mindanaw (SM City Annex): Prelim- August 14-15, 10AM- 5PM; Finals- August 16, Finals, 5-8 PM;
- Kadayawan Crafts Tourism Fair: August 14- 20, mall hours, Abreeza Mall;
- Hiyas sa Kadayawan: Talent Night- August 15, 6PM, Gaisano Mall; Finals- August 17, 6PM, Davao City Recreation Center;
- Kadayawan History Quiz Contest: August 16, 8AM-12 NN, City Library;
- The Great Kadayawan Trade Fair and Bazaar 2012: August 16-19, Davao Trade and Convention Center;
- Madayaw Trade Expo: August 16-19, 10AM- 9PM, Victoria Plaza Car Park;
- Smart Day at Kadayawan Festival: August 17, all day, Peoples Park;
- Vibe Tribe: August 17, 8PM-2AM, Wheels and More Strip;
- Kadayawan sa Pasalubong Center, August 17-19, 9AM-6PM (adjacent to Peoples Park);
- Indak-Indak sa Kadalanan: August 18, 8AM (from Roxas Avenue to San Pedro Street)
- Lumadnong Pasundayag (Indigenous People’s Grand Performance): August 18, 6 PM, Davao City Recreation Center;
- Bancarera 2012: August 18, 7AM-1PM, Sta. Ana Wharf;
- KadayawJUAN Road Bike Challenge: August 18, 8AM -2PM, around Davao City;
- Revelry 2012: August 18, 8PM-2AM, El Gato, Rancho Palos Verdes;
- Tinatuay 2: Davao Tattoo Expo and Music Festival: August 18-19, 10AM-2AM, NCCC Mall Kadayawan Hall;
- Pamulak Kadayawan: August 19 – Pamukaw 5 AM, around Davao City/ Floral Float Parade, starts at 7AM (from Roxas Avenue to San Pedro Street);
- Caltex Delo Half –Marathon: August 19, 4AM, Eco-west Drive;
- Sonshine Cycling for Unity: August 19, 7AM-2PM, Brgy. Maa Covered Court;
- Moda Mindanaw: August 19, 5PM, SM City Davao;
- Pahalipay Concert ni Mayor Inday and Vice Mayor Rody: August 19, 6 PM, Rizal Park;
- Mayor Inday Sara Z. Duterte 27th Kadayawan Sportfest: August 2-31, around Davao City;
- 1st UAAP Kadayawan Invitational Volleyball League: August 24-25, all day, University of Southeastern Philippines;
- Timex Run -Davao Leg: August 26, 4AM, starts at Roxas Avenue.
The Island Garden City of Samal will launch “Visit Samal 2012” tourism on April 21, 2012, at the Penaplata Central Elementary School Grounds.
On its opening day, a silent drill in which 300 cadets from the Philippine Military Academy will perform, followed by the Motorkada sa Isla Float Parade where a blimp from the Philippine Air Force will shower colorful confetti on the crowd. The event will also include performances by live bands and fire dancers.
More activities will follow in its April 21-July 15 run, which have been deemed in an Executive Order as “Visit Samal Island” months, including sport tournaments, music and arts festivals, cultural presentations, live bands, and more.
See the schedule of activities Dates and Venues below: