Gun Ban is in force for the whole month of March in Davao City!

The Davao City council passed Resolution No. 001 Series of 2012 last month, citing the necessity of a security mechanism ensuring the safety of visitors and residents during the 75th Araw ng Dabaw festivities.

The Davao City Police office approved the petition of the Peace and Order Council for the gun ban for the whole month of March 2012.

Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio yesterday gave her blessing to the police to use maximum force in enforcing the total gun ban for the whole month of March after the PNP approved the petition of the City Peace and Order Council.

This is what Mayor Sara said:

“I will be going after all who are outside their residence and suspected to be carrying a gun. Arrest and prosecute or shoot to kill if the lives of the public are in danger during apprehension.”

And chief of the Davao City Police Office, Sr. Supt. Ronald dela Rosa, agrees.

“Shoot the troublemakers if they fight back using guns.”

Chief Supt. Jaime Morente, director of the Police Regional Office 11, said they received on Wednesday the memorandum directive from Police Director General Nicanor Bartolome, approving the localized gun ban as requested by the CPOC from March 1 to 31 in connection with the 75th founding anniversary of the city.

The council passed Resolution No. 001 Series of 2012 last month, citing the necessity of a security mechanism ensuring the safety of visitors and residents during the 75th Araw ng Dabaw festivities.

He said the measure aims to prevent any firearm-related criminal incident for the safety of all people, tourists and residents alike.

He explained that under the total gun ban, all permits to carry firearms outside residence issued to civilians are cancelled. All members of the police, law enforcement and uniformed services are exempted from the gun ban as long as they are in uniform.

 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...