On the first day of the Davao Food Appreciations Tour (DFAT) 2012, our briefing, introductions, and welcome snacks with other bloggers who participated in this much anticipated bloggers event in Davao City at Ranchero’s Davao at the Abreeza Ayala Mall!
We were greeted with a native merienda treats on the Ranchero’s Merienda Cena. We were served with their Kakanin Trio with free hot tea, Fresh Lumpia, Freid Lumpia and Pancit Bihon Guisado.
Their Kakanin Trio includes Tibok Tibok (Maja Blanca with corn bits), Sticky Rice with Mango, and Suman Sa Lihiya at Latik. From the three, what i love most was the Tibok Tibok, it way very soft and it melts in your mouth and a crunchiness from the corn bits. Their Freid Lumpia, when dipped into the hot vinegar sauce just the right balance of taste.
It was nice to meet and get to know for the first time the bloggers who participated from around the Philippines. Some are familiar faces and acquaintances from Davao and some we met from previous bloggers event and of course new faces since this is my first ever DFAT.
Thanks to the organizers of the events:
- Renz Bulseco of the Travelling Nomad – http://www.thetravelingnomad.com
- Mark Cabrera of Markable – http://www.markable.me
- Andrew dela Serna of Davao Foodie – http://www.davaofoodie.com
- Ria Jose of Kusina Maria – http://www.kusinamaria.com
- Dulce Lada of Padd Solutions – http://www.paddsolutions.com
- Anj Nacorda of Davaoisms – http://www.davaoisms.com