Foreigners living in Davao Area told to claim I-Card!

THE Bureau of Immigration (BI) reminded foreigners staying in Davao Region to claim their alien certificate card (ACR I-Card) at the BI regional office in Davao City.

In the official website of BI, Commissioner Ricardo David Jr. appealed to the foreigners concerned to get their ACR I-Card so they will not encounter problems on their immigration status.

David said the I-Card is an “important and indispensable” document that every foreigner, who holds a non-immigrant or immigrant visa in the Philippines, must obtain.

He said a foreigner, who holds a non-immigrant or immigrant visa, should present the I-Card to immigration officers at a Philippine port of entry every time he or she enters or exits the country.

David warned that the visa of a foreigner will be downgraded to tourist, if one arrives or departs the country without the I-Card.

“This card is proof of a foreigner’s legal residence status. Without it, a foreigner is deemed improperly documented and may be sanctioned for violating our immigration and alien registration laws,” he added.

BI Executive Director Eric Dimaculangan said many of the unclaimed I-Cards have been in his office for several months now.

“I cannot understand why the owners of these I-Cards do not bother to claim them. Perhaps, they do not know how very important these cards are,” Dimaculangan said.

He also advised foreigners who applied for I-Card issuance to check with the BI website at if their cards are ready for release.

Under the rules, foreigners, whose petition for an immigrant or non-immigrant visa was approved by the BI, must apply for their I-Card to perfect their residence status in the country.

The I-Card also serves as the foreigners’ reentry and exit permit, thus they must bring it whenever they travel in and out of the country.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Speak Your Mind